VELUX America Inc. is dedicated to producing products in a responsible and environmentally friendly manner. In order to succeed in our goals of sustainable manufacturing and energy efficiency practices, we are continually working to improve our environmental safety and health. Nearly emissions-free in all areas of our processes, including production methods, raw materials, product design, and use of technologically advanced equipment, VELUX America Inc. manufacturing is non-hazardous. For safer disposal, all of our finishing and paint products are water-based to reduce Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) let out into the environment. VELUX manufactures, develops, and markets products that control and provide fresh air and daylight in buildings. Our procurement and processing of natural resources places a direct obligation on us towards the environment.
We continually assess and develop our efforts towards the environment while upholding our tradition of quality and craftsmanship, built more than half a century ago, and managing our business in a profitable manner.
- Ensure environmental impact is diminished through the design, manufacturing, use, and disposal of our products.
- Efficiently use energy, water, and raw materials in order to diminish our effect on the environment.
- Reduce waste, discharges, and emissions from our activities.
- Maintain high safety standards for our employees at work and encourage healthy attitudes toward the environment in our scope of activities.
- Achieve higher environmental standards by cooperating with our customers, supplies, and business partners.
- Enhance the environmental soundness of our products by staying alert to new opportunities and methods of manufacturing beyond what is generally expected.
(Information courtesy of VELUX USA | © 2010 VELUX Group)